Sunday, November 19, 2006

Kane (Lady fish) Rawa fry

Weekend was pretty eventful for me. With guests at home, I had my hands full. There was Lady Fish fry on the menu. Of all the fishes I find it very difficult to clean this fish. It has so many slippery scales on it. Nevertheless I put in my best effort and here’s what I did…



Ingredients...

Kaane fish (Lady fish) – 4-5 (big ones)
Chilli Powder – 2 spoons
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Tamarind (soaked in ½ cup of water)
Salt as per taste
Oil to fry

Method….

Clean the fish. And put cut marks on it. Mix chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and soaked Tamarind’s water. Mix well and apply this on the cleaned fish. Marinate it for an hour. Now heat a pan. Pour some oil… take the marinated fish. Roll it on rawa and fry it on both sides. My aunt deep-fries the fish. Though I like them pan fried.

1 comment:

Bharat Patel said...

That looks sooo... yummy. WIll sure try it out this weekend